Friday, July 10, 2009

Hawaii day 2, Wednesday!

We got up around 6ish cuz we were going snorkeling with Nathan & Sarah!!! Yeah I know it's early but they said the water was clearer in the morning and you get more time out in the water! The last time I went snorkeling was with my mom in Florida and I couldn't even make it across the pool because I panicked..the whole breathing underwater thing just didn't work for me. So I wasn't really sure how I was going to be this time around! The boat was awesome, it had a glass bottom for those that didn't want to get in the water and they served all you can drink beer and wine and food! You just hang out till they get you out to the crater! We also had an underwater camera that we got specifically for this trip so we were hoping to get some great shots of the fish! They walk around and get you set with your gear, we already had one set so I used that and Dave used theirs! I was feeling ok at first...Dave, Sarah, and Nathan got in no problem. I did a belly flop try to get in with the flippers on....Dave thought it was funny!!! ;-) I had the camera, and started to go. well the camera broke after I took one picture so I was pissed about that and it was really choppy so whenever you had your face above water you got hit by waves. I started panicking, Dave took the camera and was bringing it back to the boat, my tube thing came off my mask so I had to swim over to the guy that was sitting on a surfboard so he could help me get it back on. Once he fixed it I swam right back to the boat. I wasn't doing that great and just wasn't feeling it. Dave was still on the boat so we just sat for a sec so I could calm myself down and they had these yellow float belts you could put on around your waist so I tried out one of those and we got back in the water. I don't know if it was the fact that I didn't have to concentrate too much on staying above water or what, but having the belt on was perfect for me. After that I was totally fine, we swam and found Nate and Sarah told them about our camera, thankfully they had a really nice one so they got some cool underwater shots (which I will post once I get the CD of pics from them)! We were out there for at least an hour, came back in had some lunch and went back out till it was almost time to go! On the way back we were able to see some turtles. They were really big ones! Very cool! Once we got back to dock Dave and I went back to our hotel and Nathan and Sarah headed back to theirs for the night. We wanted to shower and get ready b/c everyone was getting in that afternoon! We were able to relax for an hour or so before we started getting calls from everyone. Dave went and picked up John while I went and hung out with my mom and Tony @ their place! Once we got an idea where everyone was we all met up at Moose McGillycuddy's for a drink and some food! Dave, John and I went and picked up Tasha when she called...around 9ish. We were just finishing up at Moose's and her and John were splitting a place so we got her and picked up some beer and went back to their place. It was so great to see Tasha and be able to catch up a little bit!! We had to get up early again the next day so we headed back to our place around 12:30am or so!!! and passed out!! ;-)

Our Snorkel boat!!!
Waiting to get on the boat!
Nathan & Dave

The Crater we were at ;-)



Group shot....Dave, Me, Sarah, Nathan
A Turtle....it was hard getting a shot of them!
Our first and only Hawaii Rainbow!!! So beautiful ;-)

Ran into this guy at Mom and Tony's place. He didn't move no matter how close you got to him!
Group shot at Moose's

No comments: