Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Kumquats
I don't know about anyone else, but before today I had no idea what a Kumquat was or that they even existed! Our landlord came by today to pick up her mail and she had picked a few off the tree...well Cali thought they we awesome b/c she kept stealing them and that's when I found out what those little orange things hanging from the tree were!!! So after she left I went to see if there were any more ready to eat ones and not knowing the fruit I had to google it, but we have a whole bunch! Both Dave and I tried our first Kumquat today, and they are pretty good! They remind Dave of a peach cuz they have a fuzzy outside. You can eat the whole thing but I just like the guts not the skin!!!! ;-) Hopefully they aren't bad for dogs cuz I'm sure Cali has eaten more that we don't know about! Well if you didn't know what a Kumquat was.....You do now!!! ;-) Below are what they look like if you want to go pick one up at the store and try them!!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment