Monday, March 16, 2009
Cali's first Doggie Day Care.....
This morning at 8:30am I dropped Cali off at The Animal Keeper for the first time. This was the test on if we were going to be able to leave her there while we are gone for the wedding. Since I dropped her off after 8 she was able to go right to the play area where all the doggies were. I was able to watch them get her into the area....she was so scared, ears down, tail between the legs. Once the trainer was able to get the other dogs to back off she ran straight to the corner of the fence where the parking lot was. She was just looking out, probably wondering why the hell I left her there. I felt so bad....I really wanted to go in and get her, but I knew I couldn't so I left. I've been all worried all day that she wasn't going to take to that many dogs in one boxed in area. I did talk with the lady when I dropped her off and told her that she has never been in this situation before so if it doesn't go well with the big group to take her out and just do the one on one play time instead. Well I am happy to say she did AWESOME! They said she did great with the play time and didn't seem to mind the kennel when they brought her in!!! So we will do one or two more day care's before April and hopefully she does just as well with the overnight stay! I will leave you with her first report card......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment