Monday, December 3, 2007

Cali, Cali, Cali - How much trouble can you get into?



So how much trouble do you think a dog can get into? A LOT. Friday Nov 30 Dave took Cali on a run. Well, while on that run a little dog, not on a leash, came after her. At the time Dave didn't think anything of it b/c Cali didn't make a sound at all, like she was hurt so they continued on there run. That night after I left work I went to go get my nails done so I didn't get home till 7:15 or so. Well, while Dave was hold Cali, getting her to sit and relax (we are in the middle of training) he noticed a bloody spot on her side. We took a better look at it and she had about 1/2 inch round hole in her side. Well our normal vet was already closed so we had to take her to the doggy ER. It's like going into a doctors office when you have an appointment....I know we didn't have one, but there was no one else there and we still waited about 15 min before the Vet came in. He had originally thought that they wouldn't have to staple it or anything but when they were getting ready to bring her back out to us it started to bleed. So Cali came home with this stupid cone on her head (I know this is mean but it was hilarious watching her try to walk in it) and 2 staples in her side. They look a lot better today, but during the day she tried taken one out while Dave and I were at work. We have now had to put this sour apple stuff around the bite and hopefully she will leave it alone, otherwise she is back to wearing the funny cone.
Now who every said having a dog was uneventful. I have to say in the almost 2 years of having Cali, kids are going to be no problem.! ;-)

No comments: