I'm not too sure where to start....I guess the beginning is always best right. We are going to go back in time to June 13th 10:30pm. my mom and Tony were in Florida on vacation, Dave and I were hanging out at home doing laundry, watching T.V. I got a call from my mom, knowing that she usually doesn't call late I had a feeling something was wrong, she sounded upset and had me sit down. My Grandma had passed away. My Grandpa had found her in the bathroom, on the floor. The medics said massive heart attack. My Grandma has had a lot of heart problems, but no one was expecting this. At the time my mom called she didn't know much about what was going on so the next few days were crazy. Dave was awesome, he took care of me and made sure I was busy doing something so I wouldn't think about it so much. I called my work to find out what our policy was for leave and they were willing to work with me on whatever I needed. Dave and I already had tickets to fly home for his sister's wedding so I just left earlier instead of getting a new flight. I was able to fly home on June 19th and didn't come back till June 29th. It was nice to be able to spend that time with family. I made sure to spend a lot with my Grandpa. And got to see cousin's I haven't seen in a while.
On June 19th at 1:50pm, 10 minutes before I was about to leave to get home and catch my flight I got laid off. The company I used to work for is closing. I have to tell you when I left I didn't think I was going to make it through all this. It was just so much at once. As you can see everything has turned out fine. I am currently collecting unemployment. It's not that much, but it's enough for me to be able to pay my half of rent and with a few utility bills. I've been on the look out for a new job and I have some wonderful friends helping me out as well. Hopefully I find something soon.
June 28th - Sara and Dan's Wedding. It was BEAUTIFUL. I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it. I started off just doing Sara's and her mom's makeup, but I think I did all the girls except Jackie. Everyone seemed to love there makeup so that made me feel good. I was so nervous about it. I'm just happy they liked it. Congrats to Dan and Sara!!! Hope you guys had an awesome honeymoon! ;-)
I'm going to do a post of just pictures. They will be of the wedding, family and anything else I find I want to post. I hope you are all doing well. Miss you lots.
Love you!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment