Saturday, June 5, 2010

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!!

What an amazing trip!!! We were able to pull off all three surprises with no problem!! I think the best one was when we got over to Dave's parents house...they didn't know we were in town!! By far the greatest surprise we could of given them!! Thank you to Sara and Dan for doing all the leg work for everything....you made everything perfect!!! ;-)
For those that haven't heard the stories yet here is a little play by play!!
Dave and I got to town late Wednesday (5-26-10) night. Thank you Mom and Tony for staying up and coming to get us!!!
Thursday we went to the cubs game with my Mom, Tony, and Sara!! We got bleacher tickets for the first time so we got up early and were out the door by 10:30ish since it's first come first serve on the seating....thanks to Drew we got free parking on the street a few blocks away!! Got our seats a beer, and a hotdog all before the first pitch!! It was a pretty boring game till the 8th inning...CUBS win!! The plan was to get back to my Mom's and go surprise Dave's parents and then get some dinner...well traffic SUCKED. It took us 3 hours to get home....so frustrating..I don't know how people do that everyday. So it was already 7:30pm so we Dave and I went straight over to his parents. His dad was pulling lawn bags down to the end of the driveway when we pulled in it...once he noticed it was Dave in the drivers seat his jaw dropped, but continued to walk to the end of the drive dropped the bags and came over to say Hi!!! He went in through the garage to open the front door. Sara and Dan had called over earlier and said they were going to stop by to pick up a paintbrush so his Mom thought we were them, but once she noticed it was Dave through the glass she dropped the brush and started crying...BEST surprise!!! We ordered some Chinese, had a great dinner and some unforgettable laughs!! ;-)
Friday Dave did some work in the morning while my Mom shortened all my jeans for me!! Thanks again Mom...You are the best!!! Had our first trip to Portillo's for lunch....yummy!! Johnny was able to come meet us too so it was great hanging with him for a bit. John dropped Dave off at his parents while Mom and Tony dropped me off at Jessi's so I could hang out with her and see Markus while they did a little shopping!! Jess, Markus and I went for a walk around the block then played in the house till my Mom came back to pick me up!! He is the cutest kid every....laughs at everything and talks, and talks and talks!! He grew up so fast!! Can't believe he is 2 already...crazy how time just flies by!! Got back to Moms and started getting ready for happy hour at Paulie's in Aurora!!! Thank you to Jess and Gabe for getting a babysitter for the night and coming to hang out!! It was soooo much fun, we haven't done that in so long!!! ;-) Thanks to John and Tim for hanging out with us and closing the bar.....it's been way too long!!!
Saturday I was pretty hungover...drinking wine all Friday night was a bad idea!!! I wish I was still 21 and could recover no problem. I stayed in bed till 11 or...Dave got up at like 8:30 to go for a run with his Dad which turned out to be breakfast for the fish in the lake by their house. We hung around Dave's parents house the whole afternoon, then around 4:30 we were able to get them out of the house so Sara and Dan could start decorating for their surprise 30th wedding anniversary party!!! Dave and I made up a story that I really wanted to go walk around downtown Naperville and get some food their. Thankfully it worked! Then we got a text to stall so we starting going into some of the shops after we eat, then a bookstore...once we got the all clear it was hard to get my mother-in-law to stop walking into stores. Our other back story for leaving Naperville around 6:30 is I had a party to go to at my cousins so that's why we were watching the clock. We were on our way back to the house around 6:45 so not too far off of schedule. I wish I would of had my video going b/c when we pulled onto their block Mom noticed all the cars and said something like "I wonder who's having a party" and then noticed all these legs and feet in their yard and at that point Dad figured it out and then Mom did too!! She started crying and then the party began. The black hawks where playing that night too so we had the game on in the living room for those that wanted to watch it!! It turned out to be an awesome party!! They were super surprised, the food was great, and the laughs will always be remembered!! Thanks again to Sara and Dan for putting it all together!!!! ;-)
Sunday we all slept in.....well needed!! Dave and I got up around 10am I think. Had some breakfast and hung out till Sara and Dan showed up. Dave, Dan and Dad all went to the phone place to get Dad and new phone and Sara, Mom and I went and did a little shopping and stopped at Portillo's for some lunch...YUMMY ;-) They knew we had dinner reservations for them so we were able to tell them to be ready by 5pm no problem...what they didn't know is that Sara planned a limo to take us downtown and bring us back!! Mom Y had one of their neighbors come by and take some family pictures since we were all dressed up! We did a few inside and the rest outside. I noticed the limo coming so I turned my video on and got a little of their 3rd and final surprise!!! I have to say taking a limo downtown is the only way to do it!! I wish we would of done it for the cubs game! We were able to have some wine on the way down and just hang out!!! We took them to McCormick & Schmick's for dinner!!! The food was awesome and we had some awesome laughs!!! After dinner we took the limo back home...we were all in a food coma so it was a pretty quiet ride back!!!! Dave and I were able to take his parents car over to the Lodge to meet up with Johnny and Mark to hang out for a bit! It was so hot and humid out I couldn't even finish a glass of wine, but it was great hanging out with them!! I wish we could do it more often. After we closed the place down Dave and I headed back to my Mom's for the night!!!
Monday my Mom and Tony had a BBQ so I could spend some time with my Grandpa and Uncle Gene!!! It rained all morning, but cleared up in time!!! Thanks to Jess for bringing Markus over to hang out a bit and Thanks to Dad Y, Mom Y, Sara and Dan for making the trip as well...I know it had been a crazy weekend and everyone had to go back to work the next day! We had so much fun with everyone and Love and miss you all so very much!! After everyone left I finished our packing and we watched the hawks game!!! I went to bed pretty early...so tired and we had to get up at 5:30 to get to the airport on time!! Thanks again Mom and Tony for letting us crash at your place and for everything you did for us while we were home!! Hopefully we will be seeing you in a month or so!!! Love you!!
Picture post to come!!! ;-)

No comments: