Monday, May 2, 2011

Bye bye 20's, HELLO 30's!!

I had the best birthday ever!! I think I need to turn 30 every year! Thank you to my husband for making so wonderful and special!! For whatever reason this year my work gave us good Friday off which just happened to be my birthday!! I had the whole day planned
out in my head. I was going to sleep in, go to breakfast with Dave & Cali, go get a manicure, come home and watch the cubs game, and then just hang out with Dave and Cali till dinner and go some place nice! Well that changed at 8:38am (10:38am Chicago time which is when I was born). Every year my mom calls me at 10:38am well this year she showed up in our bedroom!! Dave and I were still sleeping and Cali started barking crazy at the door so I was trying to get him to wake up to check on her and make her be quiet, but when I looked up I saw my mom!!! At first I thought I was
dreaming cuz I couldn't see too clear without my glasses on, but it was her!! What an AMAZING surprise! I guess they had been planning it for months! I couldn't believe it. All I asked for was my mom, Tony, and Tasha to be here to celebrate and I knew Tasha would be really hard, but I wasn't expecting mom and tony! It was awesome!! So I got up, opened presents with everyone and then we went to breakfast! One of my presents from Dave was a mani/pedi for both mom and I and a $100 gift card to do some shopping!! So after breakfast mom and I went and did both! Dave thought he made the appointment for Friday at noon, but they put us down for Saturday at noon. We were able to change it to Friday at 2pm so we did our shopping first! I got some cute clothes from this little place in the village, we got a drink and headed over to the salon to get pampered. While we were gone the boys finished up cleaning the yard and getting things ready for the party on Saturday! I think mom and I got home around 4ish and we just hung out at the house with Cali till we left for dinner around 6:30pm. The place we went doesn't take reservations for the outside seating and I was hoping to be able to watch the sunset, but it was cool out and it would of been a long wait so we just sat inside! The food was sooooo good!! We all left in a food coma!! ;-) I also got a free desert and Tony ordered another one!! So much food!! I didn't think we were going to make it out walking!! ;-) By the time we got home it was 9:30 or so. I took a shower and was sitting on the couch with mom and the next thing I know I look up and there is Tasha!! I had a moment of Oh my god! I looked at my mom, looked back at Tasha, looked at Dave and finally jumped off the couch and gave her a HUGE hug! I couldn't believe she was here! Dave had been talking with her thru email and she was able to get time off work and surprise me!! I got everything I asked for!! I love my husband so much, he truly is the best!! ;-) After hanging out with her for about an hour or so I was exhausted!! So we all got some good rest for the party!! As you can see from the pictures we had a great party!! It was so nice hanging out with everyone and having my mom, Tony and Tasha there to celebrate too!! The weekend went by way too fast. Mom and Tony left on Sunday afternoon and Tasha headed to
Utah, then New York for the week. It was really hard saying by to Mom and Tony but hopefully we will see them soon! Tasha was coming back here after New York to spend the week with me!! We are going to the Padres game today and maybe Universal Studios tomorrow!! So glad my birthday celebrations aren't over yet!! Thank you to everyone for all the birthday Love! I truly have the best family and friends!! Love you all! XOXO



Flippy cup!
My last sunset of my 20's!

Checking out the beach after breakfast on Friday morning!
Cali going for a ride!
The beach before we went to dinner!






My yummy lobster ravioli!

All ready to get the party started!







For Uncle Gene!!


Tony was our Portillo's chef!


First gummy shot of the night!

Had to put all the 30 stuff on for a bit!!




Yummy ice cream cake!




Beer Pong!!

























No comments: