Monday, March 14, 2011

Blacks Beach & Torrey Pines

Last weekend we did a few touristy things. Dave has wanted to surf Blacks since we moved here. It's a huge surf spot that gets some awesome waves!! And I wanted to check out the hiking at Torrey Pines so Saturday we set off on a journey! We went to blacks first. The views from the walk are awesome! It was a little rough coming back up, but so worth it!! Unfortunately the waves sucked, but Dave still went out. We are going to go back when the waves are better...hopefully when it's warmer too!! After Dave had enough of the water we had a little snack and headed to Torrey Pines! I can't believe we have lived here going on 5 years and are just now seeing this beautiful place! We are going to have to take our next visitors here! It was such a fun day but so exhausting. By the time we got home and did a few things around the house I was done for the night. When we got back Dave went out surfing again since he didn't get to catch many at Blacks....crazy I know!

Starting our walk to Blacks!







This guy was talking to us!
Dave braving the waves!



The cliffs were so pretty!

There is a house on the top of this cliff! It's huge...something you would see in a movie!







Dave on his way in!

The start of our Torrey Pines Hike!
Humming bird hanging out in a tree! They are so little and cute!




This was an off the trail path we found!


We did Razor Point!
and Yucca Point!
Thought this was a cool tree!





This guy would of let me touch him if I wanted! They do not care about humans at all!
Cool lizard!
I like this cactus!

Not too sure what the orange brush is but it was cool!





Little lizard that got his tail scared off at some point! It will grow back soon!


We stopped to eat at Ki's after and this was our view!! ;-)

No comments: